and job creation.
Innosphere’s mission: Accelerate job creation and entrepreneurship, and create long-term, regional economic impact by offering clients access to a broad network of specialized resources. This is accomplished through efficient, personalized growth strategies that streamline the entrepreneur’s path to success.
Innosphere, founded in 1999, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) startup incubator headquartered in Fort Collins with a satellite office in Denver and specialized facilities at Colorado State University. Innosphere supports highly motivated entrepreneurs working on innovations that matter in the industries of Health, Energy & Advanced Materials, and Enterprise Software & Hardware. Over the years, Innosphere has tracked a 75% success rate for client companies.
Innosphere has offices in Fort Collins, Boulder and Denver
Our Deep Commitment to Colorado - The Scaleup Campaign
Innosphere hit a major milestone in 2018, we hit 20 years in business! And, we are going to be here another 20 years supporting science and technology entrepreneurs and driving economic growth in key industries.
With entrepreneurs, we often ask them the overused question – What problem are you trying to solve? Over the years, at Innosphere we have been actively solving the problems that technical startup founders face in the early years. In the next five to ten years, Innosphere’s Scaleup Campaign is designed to specifically address three economic opportunities and issues facing Colorado.
– The need to drive more startup to scaleup success to supercharge technology job creation
– The lower than expected growth in the technology gross domestic product in Fort Collins, Denver, and Boulder
– The need to increase the flow of capital in the seed stages of funding for science and technology companies – defined as $1.5M and less in capital raise
The Scaleup Campaign has three main components:
– Expand Fort Collins headquarters to add 8k sq/feet of wet lab space to grow the biosciences sector
– Build a 50k sq/feet facility in Denver to support the city’s growth as a technology hub and grow the science and technology sectors
– Enhance program activity to increase the number of startup and scaleup ventures supported
Innosphere partners with Colorado’s three major research universities to help bring university innovations to market. By working closely with university technology transfer offices, Innosphere matches the inventions to industry expertise for commercial assessment, develops commercialization strategies, facilitates licensing deals, and recruits the management teams capable of launching companies to commercialize the research.
Board of Directors
Colorado Angel Investors, Vice Chair
City of Fort Collins, Economic Health Office
City of Loveland, Economic Development Department
Colorado State University Ventures
Guaranty Bank and Trust Company, Vice President
Colorado School of Mines, TTO Director
Fairfield & Woods, P.C.
City of Fort Collins, City Manager
Brownstein, Hyatt, Farber and Schreck
Dr. Alan Rudolph
Colorado State University, Vice President for Research (VPR) Office
1st National Bank
University of Colorado, Vice Chancellor for Research
City of Boulder, City Manager
The Innosphere Building
Innosphere is lucky to have a state-of-the-art building located in north Fort Collins: 320 East Vine Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80524 (Map)
Parking: Innosphere holds many large events and parking is limited, so there is an overflow parking lot location just east of Innosphere behind the wooden fence.
- LEED Platinum, 30,000+ square feet, 3-story building
- Private laboratory space equipped with fume hoods
- Shared printer and kitchen area
- Small workout room, showers, and changing area
- A variety of large and small meeting and conference spaces
- Outside patio area with firepit
- Secure bicycle pavilion, and access to Poudre River bike trail system
For information on leasing space at our headquarters in Fort Collins, click here.